Begin Before Birth Conference
Hosted By: Begin Before Birth
Venue: National Heart & Lung Institute, Dovehouse Street, London SW3 6LR
Had a really great day at the Begin Before Birth Conference hosted by Professor Vivette Glover with our mini stall about Zero2 Expo.
Really inspired by the amazing speakers talking about the how to support the time from conception to the first two years after birth.
Chair : Professor Vivette Glover
- How coercive control affects mothers and what to do about it – Dr Emma Katz, Lecturer in Childhood and Youth, Liverpool Hope University
- Perinatal parenting – bonding and attachment to the baby before birth – Professor Jane Barlow, Professor of Evidence-Based Intervention and Policy Evaluation, University of Oxford
- The role of the father, his mental health, and effects on the child – Dr Richard Fletcher, Associate Professor, Family Action Centre, University of Newcastle NSW
- Information delivery in the pre-conception period. Planning for Pregnancy, a digital tool – Ms Deidre de Barra, Head of Information, Tommy’s
- Perinatal health in the migrant population – Ms Diana Flores Gallardo, Chair of Health Stream of Sanctuary
- Local views about causes of perinatal depression in Nigeria – Dr Kike Olajide, Wellcome Global Health Clinical Research Fellow, Imperial College London
- Perinatal mental health and attitudes in Nigerian women in the UK – Ruth Oshikanlu, author: ‘Tune into your baby’
- Perinatal mental health – what needs to be done – Dr Alain Gregoire, Maternal Mental Health Alliance UK